What is The JoeG Effect™?
Simply stated … when you engage Joseph’s services – counseling, life coaching, mindfulness walks, sports psychology, speaking, corporate programming or yoga instruction – you not only will experience his intellect, authenticity, infectious energy, compassion and his playful nature, you will also have access to almost 3 decades of professional experience and a cultivated expertise. That is The JoeG Effect™?
What has created The JoeG Effect™?
- 10K+ Hours Administration/Director
- 37K+ Hours Counseling & Life Coaching
- 10K+ Hours Teaching
- 350+ Speaking Presentations
- A seasoned clinician with vast experience and expertise in clinical, career, organizational, sport, holistic, self-improvement psychologies, and in life coaching principles, concepts and strategies.
- A highly effective educator with expertise in researching/idea formation, organizing information, writing/editing/publishing and learning material creation for keynotes, workshops, staff development, event programming, social media and marketing outreach.
- A charismatic and committed servant leader who is results oriented, an effective communicator and role-model who leads, develops and motivates an organization’s staff, supporters and community for the achievement of it’s vision and goals.
- A forward-thinking strategist who inspires and facilitates organizational growth, and who can develop and implement sustainable initiatives, programming and events.
A deeper look into what has led to The JoeG Effect™?
Administration, Team Leadership & Program Development
- YMCA Strategic Planning Forum/Board Member, Advisor and Community Leader: Instrumental in program development, membership growth, community engagement and outreach initiatives.
- Board Member – Chair of Finance/National Speakers Association – GA Chapter: Developed and implemented the budget for 4 years, ending with a financial surplus to reinvest in organizational growth and long term financial stability.
- Georgia Tech Athletic Association: Actively involved in event planning and execution of the Chick-Filet & Capitol One Bowl games, NCAA Final Four and baseball’s Regional and Super Regional Tournaments.
Associations & Community Leadership
- Board Member/National Speakers Association – GA Chapter Served as the Director of Special Events (4 years).
- Chair/National Speakers Association’s Youth Leadership Conference – 2009, 2014: A 4 day event for young people ages 10 to 21. Developed the event theme, program outline, philanthropy project, mentoring protocol and secured 12 professional speakers.
- Cobb County Prevention/Intervention Center – Coalition Member: Supported the P/I Center through leading pilot program initiatives, have given 400+ free “crisis intervention assessments” for Cobb County Schools students, families and county employees.
- Founding Member of Toastmasters Cherokee County Club – October 2004: This club is still active and has supported and served over 700 professionals in developing more effective communication, presentation and speaking skills.
Professional Speaking, TV & Radio
- Professional Speaking/Partial Client List: University of Clemson, University of West Georgia, Cobb County Schools, Cobb County Juvenile Courts, Rockdale County Schools, Fulton County Schools, South Atlanta High School, PTA’s, Recovery Outfitters, Inc., South Coast Hospitals – Boston, MA, Alabama State Department of Education, Owings Corning, Coca Cola.
- TV – Raising America w/ Kyra Phillips on HLN/CNN: On-Air Contributor, developed “aired” content for show and shared expertise in online platform and social media community.
- The Golf Show, 680 AM WCNN Atlanta Co-produced/Co-hosted weekly live radio show. Marketed to and secured live remote broadcasts at PGA/LPGA events and at sponsor partner locations.
Even more professional experience.
- Have worked with 1000’s of children, preteens, teens, college-students, young adults, parents, adults, families, educators, public and private schools, helping professionals and counseling organizations.
- Have developed, written and given many keynote presentations, educational workshops, staff in-service programs for audiences – youth, young adults, parents, educators, helping professionals, associations and organizations – of 5 people and as large as 1800+.
- Licensed Counselor for 23 years: Supervisory experience with psychology students, interns and professionals, along with creating, marketing and teaching CEU workshops for helping professionals.
Georgia Tech Athletic Association: Administration, Director
Invigorated and developed educational programming as the Co-Director of the NCAA CHAMPS Life Skills/Total Person Program and as Director of the Student-Athlete Mentoring Program.
Administration responsibilities included: program development, implementation, sustainability and oversight, communication support for administrators, event/tournament/game day responsibilities, NCAA adherence/compliance, college and career counseling, summer camps, community outreach.
Associate Professor/Georgia State University: Developed and taught classroom modules and activities for undergrad and grad students for the Dept. of Sport and Exercise Psychology.
Associate Professor/Georgia Institute of Technology: Developed classroom modules and activities for the Department of Student Success Program’s class “Thriving in the 21st Century”.
Counseling and Assessment Center: Clinical counseling to children, teens, young adults, families and parents. Consulting and professional education to schools and community organizations.
Peachford Hospital: Counselor and in-take experience in long-term intensive in-patient hospitalization.